Thursday, July 16, 2009

Macro as art....

I love it! Not your traditional Macro. Don't get me wrong, I LOVE that too! But I am obsessed right now with Macro and stills as art! To see what I mean check out Kiwi Gal's FLICKR. She has Macro work, stills and just GREAT stuff! I am in AWE of her Macro and still work and LOVE how she is able to convert it to art! I am 500 million light years away from her, but we all have to start somewhere right?

I LOVE the reflection in the water drop here...


These remind me of Pea Pods...
And just a lil guy trying to dry off his wings...

What I love so much about Macro is you can really make it your own. You can do this with portraits too. But there is just something about being able to take a Macro and turn it into what you envision....any way you envision.
Macro for me is very relaxing. It can turn a bad day into a good one. Which is why I chose to shoot some Macros today. Just one of those days. And you know what? I DO feel better! :O)
Thanks for looking!

5 comments:

Alysha Sladek July 16, 2009 at 3:52 PM  

beautiful!! i love the reflections in the little drops.
what camera/lens did you use for these? thanks

momaziggy July 16, 2009 at 5:10 PM  

Thank you Alysha! :O) On all my Macro shots I use my EF 100mm 2.8 Macro and I shoot with a Canon XSi...for now! Ha! :O)

Buckmania July 20, 2009 at 9:15 PM  

These are stunning. I love Macro, just don't have a lens for it.

Buckmania July 20, 2009 at 9:18 PM  

MMMmmm, I was just thinking, why does the 100mm 2.8 allow you to get so close and still focus, but my 85mm 1.8 won't let me get that close. Is there something I don't know about my lens, or is the 100mm just that must better?

momaziggy July 20, 2009 at 9:37 PM  

Hi Julie! Thank you so much for your kind words. I responded to your email! :O)

Followers

About My Macro Blog

Not much to say. I got my EF 100mm 2.8 Macro lens at the end of June and have been hooked! So I wanted a seperate blog to display my Macro shots for those who appreciate this type of thing and to not bore those who don't! Ha! I hope you like the blog! :O)

  © Blogger template 'Photoblog' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP